Type de poste : Temporaire Ville : Toronto
Expérience requise :
Statut : Temps partiel ou temps plein
Description du poste
Do you want to make a difference with us?
The Canadian Red Cross is supporting Long-Term Care (LTC) facilities that are facing extreme circumstances during the current COVID-19 pandemic. We have implemented a collaborative approach to provide immediate and scalable support to LTC facilities and their residents. We are hiring full-time 3 months term positions, with the possibility for extension, for LTC facilities within the national capital region of Ontario.
As a Site Manager, you will supervise a team of CRC General Support Aides in an assigned Long-Term Care (LTC) facility. The team will assist the professional and semi-professional staff in the seniors facilities with the focus on the areas of care and compassion. Our workers will not be a replacement for trained personal support workers or nurses.
The Site Manager will be an on-site role and will oversee/direct the work of the team to ensure a safe and consistent service delivery plan, recognize and escalate issues, barriers, hardships and strategies for service improvement. A core responsibility will be to ensure a safe and healthy work environment for the team in compliance with CRC protocols including incident reporting.
You will enjoy:
- Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
- Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
- Meaningful Work: you will be working on the front line to support the most vulnerable population during current COVID-19 pandemic.
In this role you will:
- Supervise the on-site team of CRC Support Aides providing front line service within a LTC facility
- Liaise with LTC facility to ensure needs are identified and gaps are filled with CRC personnel
- Perform frequent checks in with each employee and end of day debriefings with the team
- Document and report on performance indicators of safe and consistent service delivery
- Identify and collaborate or escalate issues, barriers, hardships and strategies for service improvement and a healthy and safe work environment for the team
- Ensure compliance with all identified health and safety protocols in collaboration with the Occupational Health & Safety Advisor
We’re looking for:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in a leadership role; experience in client facing work that includes health care setting, emergency or social services is an asset
- Excellent supervisory skills – caring, compassionate but can also deal with problems/issues and provide support/help
- Experience with the Red Cross and/or CRC health programming is a strong asset
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to work collaboratively within a team as well as establishing and managing productive internal and external relationship at various levels
- Flexibility to adapt and the ability to manage priorities within changing circumstances is required
- Good self-care practices as this role supports those working in high stress/traumatic environments
- Calm under pressure
- Fluency (speaking, reading and writing) in English is essential; a second language may be beneficial and fluency in French is highly desirable
- Must be able to complete a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (EPIC)Must be able to pass required confidential Health Screening and COVID testing
The majority of work will be performed in a face-paced, changing environment with strict infection control practices, including the requirement to wear PPE.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.