Type de poste : Temporaire Ville : Ottawa
Expérience requise :
Statut : Temps partiel ou temps plein
Description du poste
Do you want to make a difference with us?
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) is seeking nurses and physicians, to join its emergency response operations in various locations across Canada. Since the beginning of the pandemic, the CRC has been called upon to support a broad range of activities in support of Federal, Provincial and Municipal partners. These include support to isolation centres, dedicated support to Indigenous populations, staffing in long-term care homes, health surge resources including field hospital capacities and expertise to support Epidemic Prevention Control (EPC) efforts in a variety of facilities.
Reporting to the Site Manager and under the technical leadership of the Global Health Unit, these clinical specialists will deploy to different clinical settings in their province and/or across Canada. These settings include working with the COVID-19 Testing Assistance Response Team (CTART), vaccination, hospital / clinical surge, support to quarantine/isolation sites, contact tracing, and epidemic control support to local health authorities. The role will include providing direct clinical care to patients. During periods of non-active response, these clinical specialists will engage in relevant learning and planning work such as development of Standard Operating Procedures, training, and quality assurance tools.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
Meaningful Work: you will be working on the front line to support the most vulnerable population during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
In this role you will:
- Provide clinical support for the COVID -19 Testing and Vaccine Support Modules by performing and administering either nasopharyngeal or throat swabs for COVID -19 testing for identified patients.
- Teach, mentor, and train appropriate auxiliary personnel as required.
- Ensure transport of swabs for testing to appropriate facilities using necessary cold chain management and transport mediums as identified by the P/T health authorities.
- Respond appropriately to any emergency before, during, or after the COVID -19 testing procedure.
- Provide educational information to patients and their families as appropriate.
We’re looking for:
- Licence in nursing (RN) or medicine with minimum 1-year of clinical experience.
- Current Professional Registration in one of the provinces in Canada.
- Fluency in English and in Quebec fluency in French is required. Preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
- Knowledge of IPC / PPE, particularly with regard to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Strong communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills for work in a multi-cultural, multi-disciplinary context.
- Ability to travel on short notice to other destinations within the province and potentially across Canada for periods of several weeks (2 -6 weeks).
- A valid provincial driver’s licence and a successful Canadian criminal record check with vulnerable sector screening is required
For Field based positions, difficult and demanding both physically and psychologically working conditions are expected including the following:
- Due to dynamic nature of an emergency and proximity to epidemic/ pandemic affected area, issues with access and mobility and strict protocols and procedures.
- Very basic living conditions.
- Long hours of work in demanding context with limited resources.
- Stressful rapidly changing environment.
- The ability to work in a high risk, fluid and evolving situation may be required, as is the ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace. Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.